The Kenosha Community Foundation is now accepting grant applications local not-for-profit organizations for 2017 grants to be funded from the Unrestricted Funds that it manages.
Applications must be received by the Foundation no later than 4 p.m. Friday, February 24, 2017.
Grant awards will be announced in June 2017.
Focus of 2017 Grant Maiking from Unrestricted Funds
For 2017, the Foundation has adopted a new the focus for grant making from the income generated by our pool of Unrestricted Funds to support the project or program of a not-for-profit organization that are in line with the Foundation’s mission to enhance the present and ensure the future of the Kenosha Community.
To accomplish this objective, the Kenosha Community Foundation plans to:
• Fund new projects from not-for-profit organizations that enhance the quality of life for the residents of Kenosha County.
• Encourage project requests from fledgling (three years or less in existence) not-for-profit organizations.
• Give priority to collaborative efforts, with two or more organizations jointly planning and delivering projects that offer creative solutions or ideas.
• Give priority to projects that use Foundation funds to leverage other funding sources.
• Award a maximum of $7,500 per grant request.
In 2016, the Foundation awarded 9 grants, totaling $50,000, from these funds; the average grant was $5,555.
For additional questions, contact email@example.com, or call 262-654-2412.
Questions about the Foundation’s new focus and criteria for Unrestricted Funds grant making were reviewed at a community discussion on January 19, 2017. For copies of the slides presented at this discussion, visit the Foundation’s Facebook page or contact the Foundation firstname.lastname@example.org.