The Kenosha Community Foundation has awarded 26 grants totaling over $51,000 to 22 non-profit organizations and projects serving Kenosha County residents.
The Foundation awarded the grants from four of its Field of Interest Funds endowment funds – the LaFave Family Fund, the OMC Legacy Fund, Women’s Fund and Kenosha Arts Fund.
List of Grants from Field of Interest Funds Awarded January 2017 by the Kenosha Community Foundation
From the LaFave Family Fund (established by the estate of Susann LaFave), grants were made to:
• Boys and Girls Club of Kenosha to support an English Language Learner program in conjunction with the Kenosha Literacy Council for 2016-2017 school year.
• Center for Collaborative Research to help promote its mobile printing press workshops that target Kenosha area fine arts students.
• Community Expressions to support the program’s writing workshop for Kenosha area residents.
• Fresh Inc. Music Festival for Emerging Composers and Musicians 2017, held at UW-Parkside and organized by Fifth House Ensemble.
• Kenosha Achievement Center to support its Employment Options pre-vocational services program for adults with disabilities.
• Kenosha Creative Space for its Emerging Music Performance Series that target music students in the Kenosha Unified School District.
• Kenosha Literacy Council to support its Family Literacy Nights program.
• Kenosha Public Museum Foundation to support its upcoming ‘Re-Riding’ History Exhibit.
• Lemon Street Gallery and ArtSpace to support its ceramics program for Hope Council clients.
• Shalom Center to support its Kids Succeed engagement program for homeless children.
From the Outboard Marine Corporation (OMC) Legacy Fund, grants targeting youth programs awarded to:
• ELCA Outreach Center to support its summer camp for inner city Kenosha grade school youth.
• Faith, Hope and Love to support Duffels for Kids, a collaboration with the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Office.
• Kenosha YMCA to support its Dedicated Dads program that supports single fathers, a collaboration with Kenosha / Racine Community Action.
• Sharing Center to support three nutrition support programs serving Westosha low-income students.
From the Foundation’s Women’s Fund, grants to programs that benefit women and children awarded to:
• Kenosha Achievement Center to support the Sprouts playgroup and depression discussion group programs.
• Kenosha Common Markets, Inc. for its Market-Moola program that incents FoodShares families to shop at HarborMarket and make healthy food purchase choices.
• Kenosha County Association for Home and Community Education (KCAHCE) for its participation in the Wisconsin BookwormsTM reading program.
• Kenosha Literacy Council for their Women in Focus workshops.
• Lemon Street Gallery and ArtSpace for an after-school ceramics program for Washington Middle School and Harborside Academy students.
• Shalom Center its Kids Succeed program.
• Women and Children’s Horizon to support activities for children and families its emergency shelter.
From the Foundation’s Arts Fund, grants were made to:
• Kenosha Creative Economy Strategic Plan initiative led by Kenosha’s Commission on the Arts.
• Hospice Alliance for the Music of the Soul that provides music experiences program for its patients and families.
• Southport Quilters Guild of Kenosha to support its annual quilt show held at the Kenosha Public Museum.
• Kenosha Chamber Choir to produce a choral concert focused on youth suicide prevention.