The Kenosha Community Foundation considers grant applications that address community problems and opportunities in the areas of arts and culture, education, social services, and the preservation of resources including historical and cultural resources.
Each year, the Kenosha Community Foundation announces the availability of grant opportunities from its unrestricted funds and the four field of interest funds it manages.
2019 Grant Making Schedule
For 2019, the grant award schedule is as follows:
- Call for Proposals from Non-Profits: August 2018
- Proposal due date: September 2018
- Grant Review and Approval period: October through December 2018
- Grants to be Awarded: January 2019
For grants from the Foundation’s Unrestricted funds:
- Call for Proposals from Non-Profits: Late-December 2018
- Proposal due date: TBD
- Grant Review and Approval period: TBD
- Grants to be Awarded: June 2018
Notes to Grant Applicants
- Consideration is given primarily to those organizations that are tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- The Kenosha Community Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sex, or national origin.
- Applicants are encouraged to discuss their project with Foundation staff, or submit a brief letter of intent describing the project for which funding is sought, prior to submitting a completed application, to find out if the idea is potentially fundable by the Foundation.