The Foundation manages five Field of Interest funds – each fund was established by the Foundation’s Board of Directors for a particular philanthropic interest as specified by its creators and donors.
With investment income from the Field of Interest funds, the Foundation awards grants to non-profit organizations within the funds defined area of interest:
- The Kenosha Arts Fund supports projects that enhance the culture, economy and quality of life in Kenosha and have an impact on the arts and community at large.
- The OMC Legacy Fund supports programs and activities designed to improve the general welfare and enhance the quality of life for youth in the Kenosha community.
- The LaFave Family Fund supports programs that further education – particularly by promoting the humanities, the arts, tolerance and communication.
- The Women’s Fund supports programs and organizations that create opportunities for women and children.
- The Kubasiewicz Family Trust supports grants to non-profits organizations selected by the Foundation’s Women’s Fund.
The Foundation, with the aid of committees of community volunteers, selects the grantees in a process based upon the criteria listed above.