2021 Grants from the Kenosha Arts Fund
In January 2021, the Foundation awarded five grants from the Kenosha Arts Fund to:
• Boys and Girls Club of Kenosha to support a quilt making program for its youth members – all quilts fabricated in the program will be donated to the Shalom Center.
• Fleeing Artists Theatre to support its free Summer Shakespeare performances produced annually in partnership with the Kenosha Parks Alliance.
• Fifth House Ensemble and the Kenosha Creative Space to support the creation of a series of “sonic” murals.
• Kenosha Achievement Center to procure art supplies for the GardenWorks program that serves adults with special needs.
• Kenosha Opera Festival to support its inaugural season.
About the Fund
The mission of the Kenosha Arts Fund is to encourage and enhance cultural life and public art in the Kenosha area through facilitation, recognition, and financial support of not-for-profit programs and projects in the community.
Established by the Foundation in the 1990s as a quasi-endowment (also known as a component fund), the Arts Fund Committee’s objectives are to increase the principal of the Arts Fund endowment and thereby enhance the Foundation’s capacity to provide financial support to the arts, and to perform annual grant-making to arts and cultural efforts organizations with income from the Arts Fund.
Focus of Grants from the Kenosha Arts Fund
The Arts Fund annually awards grants to non-profit organizations for programs that enhance the culture, economy and quality of life in Kenosha County.
The Arts Fund is particularly interested in opportunities and creative initiatives for expanding art in Kenosha, urgent needs which sustain fledgling organizations or efforts, and/or projects that have educational value.
For questions about the Kenosha Arts Fund or the Sculpture Walk-HarborPark exhibition, contact us at: email@example.com.